This April Fools' Day trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the April Fools' Day trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and happy pranks!
1. How does one celebrate April Fools' Day?
a) Share fun jokes with friends b) Instigate riots c) Participate in carnivals and parades d) Play pranks on others
2. What animal/object is most associated with April Fools' Day?
a) Wild horse b) Fancy mask c) Bunny d) Egg basket e) Fish
3. Which of these is an alternate name for April Fools' Day?
a) Jokers' Day b) Pranks' Day c) All Fools' Day d) Disguise Day e) Fossil Fools Day
4. The first reference of April Fools' Day (in literature) dates back to
a) 1392 b) 1492 c) 1592 d) 1692
5. Search engine giant Google is notorious for its April Fools' Day hoaxes. Which of these was one of them?
a) False launch of Gmail b) Announcement of Pigeon Rank c) Google Map shows life forms on the moon d) Permanent black Google
6. On April 1, 1946, a powerful tsunami killed scores of unsuspecting people (who thought the warning was an April Fools hoax) at this pacific island.
a) Hawaii b) Guam c) American Samoa d) New Guinea e) Fiji
7. The Iranians have their own version of April Fools' Day. This Persian holiday is called
a) Sizdah Be-dar b) Sepandarmazgan c) Mehregan
8. In a 1980 April Fools' Day hoax, the BBC reported that the iconic Big Ben will undergo a drastic transformation. What was the transformation?
a) Becoming a Swiss watch b) Double the size of the clock c) Go digital
9. On April Fools' Day of 2009, travel site Expedia offered exclusive flights to this highly desired space destination.
a) The International Space Station b) The Moon c) Pluto d) Mars e) None of the above
10. One of the most famous April Fools' Day pranks in Holland was the news report of the collapse of which famous world monument?
a) The Tower of Pisa b) The Statue of Liberty c) The Eiffel Tower d) The Taj Mahal e) The Pyramid of Giza
11. In 1996, restaurant chain Taco Bell announced that it had purchased (on April Fools' Day) which national treasure in an effort to help reduce government debts?
a) The Lincoln Memorial b) Liberty Bell c) The White House d) Yellowstone National Park e) Mount Rushmore
12. True or False. In Australia, April Fools' Day pranks and jokes should not last past noon.
1)d 2)e 3)c 4)a 5)b 6)a 7)a 8)c 9)d 10)a 11)b 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
12-10 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice