This boxing trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the boxing trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share these with your boxer friends.
1. How does a boxer win his or her bout?
a) By knockout (opponent unable to continue)
b) By technical points
c) By opponent’s forfeiture (during bout)
d) Any of the above
2. Modern boxing, as a sport, originated from which country?
a) Greece b) United States c) Great Britain d) France
3. Boxing is contested in a ______.
a) Ring b) Gym c) Field d) Track
4. Boxing became an official Olympic sport in what year?
a) 1896 b) 1904 c) 1912 d) 1948
5. Which of these boxing greats was the only one without a defeat in his professional career?
a) Mike Tyson b) Rocky Marciano c) Joe Louis d) Muhammad Ali
6. Who are allowed to compete in Olympic boxing?
a) Amateurs b) Professionals c) Both
7. The long-term injury most associated with boxing is ______.
a) Bone damage
b) Brain damage
c) Eyesight damage
8. In professional boxing, a typical bout is consisted of up to how many rounds?
a) 3 b) 7 c) 12 d) Until someone is knocked out
9. What was the name of the famous boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in the former Zaire?
a) Rumble in the Brox
b) Rumble in the Congo
c) Rumble in the Jungle
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the weight classes in competitive boxing?
a) Superweight b) Heavyweight c) Middleweight d) Lightweight e) Flyweight
11. The U.S. is the all-time most successful boxing country in the Olympics. The second most successful country is ______.
a) Great Britain b) Italy c) Russia d) Cuba
12. True or False. Professional boxers are NOT allowed to wear headgear in bouts.
1)d 2)c 3)a 4)b 5)b 6)a 7)b 8)c 9)c 10)a 11)d 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice