This Brazil trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Brazil trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share it with friends.
1. What is the official language of Brazil?
a) Spanish b) Portuguese c) English d) French
2. Brazilians are most famous for excelling in which of these sports.
a) Volleyball b) Swimming c) Basketball d) Football/soccer
3. The famous giant statue, sat atop a mountain overlooking Rio de Janeiro, depicts which religious figure.
a) Jesus Christ c) Muhammad d) Buddha
4. As of 2012, how many times has Brazil won the FIFA World Cup?
a) 3 b) 4 c) 5 d) 6
5. Brazil is a former colony of which European country.
a) Britain b) France c) Spain d) Portugal
6. The predominant religious group in Brazil is ________.
a) Protestants b) Roman Catholics c) Muslims d) Buddhists
7. Brazil has been selected to host which future Olympics.
a) 2014 b) 2016 c) 2018 d) Bid was declined
8. What is the quintessential Brazilian music that is recognized as a symbol of the country?
a) Disco b) Rock c) Samba d) Blues
9. The Brazilian Carnival celebration is held more than a month before which world holiday.
a) Christmas b) Easter c) Varies by year
10. Brazilians dedicate a holiday to a man named Tiradentes. Who was he?
a) A former president
b) A Catholic saint
c) A leader of a revolutionary movement
d) A famous painter
11. The capital city of Brazil is ________.
a) Rio de Janeiro b) Brasillia c) Sao Paulo d) None of these
12. True or False. Brazil is located in North America.
1)b 2)d 3)a 4)c 5)d 6)b 7)b 8)c 9)b 10)c 11)b 12)False
Classification: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice