This China trivia quiz features 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the China trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Are you a cultural geek?
1. The first imperial dynasty in China’s history was ________.
a) The Xia b) The Shang c) The Han d) The Qing
2. What is the current capital city of China?
a) Shanghai b) Guangzhou c) Beijing d) Hong Kong
3. Which of these religions does not have a presence in China?
a) Christianity b) Islam c) Judaism d) Hinduism
4. What exactly is China’s one-child policy?
a) A limit of one boy and one girl per family
b) A limit of one child per family
c) Each family should have at least one child
5. The current political system in China is _______.
a) Democracy b) Representative republic c) Dictatorship d) Communism
6. Which of these famous Chinese literary works is NOT one of China’s Four Great Classical Novels?
a) Investiture of the Gods
b) The Three Kingdoms
c) Journey to the West
d) Dream of the Red Chamber
e) The Water Margin
7. The teachings of what famed Chinese philosopher formed the collective thinking of the Chinese people?
a) Mao Zedong b) Lao Zi c) Confucius d) Mencius
8. The Great Wall of China was built by which Chinese emperor/ruler?
a) Hongwu b) Kublai Khan c) Qin Huangdi d) Gaozu of Han
9. China is the birthplace of this Eastern martial art, which is known as _______.
a) Kung Fu b) Wushu c) Chinese boxing d) Either a or b
10. The most popular social/leisure game in China is _______.
a) Chinese Chess b) Go c) Pai Gow d) Mahjong
11. What are the names of China’s two great rivers?
a) Mekong, Yangtze
b) Red River, Huang He
c) Yangtze, Huang He
d) Mekong, Pearl River
12. True or False. The Chinese art of beautiful handwriting is called calligraphy.
1)a 2)c 3)d 4)b 5)d 6)a 7)c 8)c 9)d 10)d 11)c 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice