This Cinco de Mayo trivia quiz features 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Cinco de Mayo trivia can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with friends.
1. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of which national heritage?
a) Spanish b) French c) Brazilian d) American e) Mexican
2. As a holiday, Cinco de Mayo is meant to commemorate
a) The fight for independence b) A national hero c) A historic battle d) The founding of a social movement e) None of the above
3. Is Cinco de Mayo an official federal holiday in Mexico?
a) Yes, it is the country’s most important holiday b) No, it is not a federal holiday
4. How do people celebrate Cinco de Mayo? (Best Answer)
a) Showcase Mexican heritage b) Take part in political rallies and parades c) Reenact the famous Battle of Puebla
5. Which other holiday (from around the world) most resembled Cinco de Mayo in meanings?
a) Chinese New Year b) St. Patrick Day c) Oktoberfest d) Boxing Day e) Victory Day
6. True or False. Cinco de Mayo is also known as Mexico’s Independence Day.
7. What does the term “Cinco de Mayo” mean in English?
a) Mayan Day b) Celebration of May c) The Fifth of May d) None of the above
8. Which of these items is an essential part of Cinco de Mayo celebrations? (Best Answer)
a) Festive food b) Traditional music c) Folk dance d) All of these
9. True or False. Singer Herb Alpert recorded a song titled Cinco de Mayo in his hit single Spanish Flea.
10. The famous Battle of Puebla was between Mexican forces and the
a) French b) Spanish c) Americans d) Mayans e) Germans
11. What year was the first Cinco de Mayo’s observance?
a) 1662 b) 1762 c) 1863 d) 1962 e) Unknown
12. True or False. Cinco de Mayo is a state holiday in California.
1)e 2)c 3)b 4)a 5)e 6)False 7)c 8)d 9)True 10)a 11)c 12)False
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice