This Cricket trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Cricket trivia can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and celebrate this wonderful game.
1. Which of the following is NOT a form of cricket sport?
b) Test Cricket
c) One Day International
d) Winner Takes All
2. What is the shape of a typical cricket field?
a) Rectangle b) Square c) Round d) Diamond e) Pentagon
3. Cricket sport originated from which country?
a) Australia b) England c) India d) Holland e) South Africa
4. A cricket team is consisted of how many players?
a) 7 b) 9 c) 11 d) 13 e) 15
5. Cricket shares many similarities with which other sport(s)?
a) Baseball b) Softball c) Croquet d) A and B e) There’s no other like it
6. Although cricket is no longer part of the Summer Olympics, the sport had featured in this competition before. Cricket was a part of how many Olympics?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) As a demonstration sport only
7. How do one score in cricket after a hit?
a) Move safely from one end to the other
b) Bounced ball reaches boundary
c) Ball flies over boundary
d) All of the above
8. Which of these is NOT a specific playing position in cricket?
a) Batsman b) Keeper c) Bowler d) Fielder
9. The all-time most successful country at the Cricket World Cup is ________.
a) England b) Australia c) West Indies d) India e) Pakistan
10. The traditional form of cricket sport is called Test. A Test cricket match lasts up to ________.
a) 1 day b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) 5
11. What is the usual throwing motion of a cricket bowler?
a) Underarm b) Sidearm c) Round-arm d) Over-arm e) No clear preference
12. True or False. There are three on-field umpires in a cricket match.
1)d 2)c 3)b 4)c 5)d 6)a 7)d 8)d 9)b 10)e 11)d 12)False, only 2
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice