This Easter trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Easter trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with friends and loved ones.
1. The Easter holiday is observed by which world religion?
a) Christianity b) Islam c) Buddhism d) Hinduism e) Judaism
2. What is the main purpose of Easter Sunday?
a) To mark the spring season
b) To commemorate Jesus’ birth
c) To observe Jesus’ death
d) To celebrate Jesus’ resurrection
e) To hunt to Easter eggs
3. The Easter holiday falls on which month(s) of the year.
a) February b) March c) April d) May e) B or C
4. According to the Bible, Jesus’ resurrection took place how many days after his death?
a) 3 b) 5 c) 7 d) 10 e) 40
5. What non-religious object/symbol is most associated with secular Easter?
a) Santa Claus b) Leprechaun c) Black cat d) Mythical bunny e) None of these
6. Which of these Christian churches or organizations does not observe Easter?
a) Lutheran b) Jehovah's Witnesses c) Baptist d) Methodist e) Anglican
7. What do we call the Sunday before Easter Sunday?
a) Lent b) Good Sunday c) Pentecost d) Palm Sunday
8. True or false. Many Christians (particularly Catholics) fast on Good Friday to commemorate Jesus’ death.
9. What is another name for Easter Sunday (that is not frequently used)?
a) Resurrection Day b) Ascension Day c) Trinity Sunday d) Palm Sunday e) None of these
10. Easter week often overlaps with a major holiday/festival of another religion. What is the name of this holiday?
a) Ramadan b) Maha Shiva Ratri c) Passover d) Buddha’s Birthday
11. Good Friday is a state holiday in 12 U.S. states. Which of the following is one of them?
a) California b) Hawaii c) Massachusetts d) Rhode Island e) New York
12. True or false. Orthodox churches observe Easter on the same day as Western Christian churches.
1)a 2)d 3)e 4)a 5)d 6)b 7)d 8)True 9)a 10)c 11)b 12)False
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice