This Father's Day trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Father's Day trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with family and friends.
1. What is the chief purpose of Father’s Day?
a) To sell Hallmark cards
b) To celebrate fathers and fatherhood
c) To honor all parents
d) A religious occasion
2. Father’s Day (in the U.S.) is usually celebrated during which month of the year?
a) February b) May c) June d) July e) Varies each year
3. Father’s Day is universally observed in one version or another. Which of these countries does NOT have a version of Father’s Day?
a) India b) China c) South Korea d) Japan e) Iran
4. The modern Father’s Day was first celebrated in what year?
a) 1900 b) 1910 c) 1920 d) 1930 e) Not known
5. What is the Russian holiday that celebrates fathers (and men in general)?
a) International Men's Day b) Saint Joseph's Day c) Defender of the Fatherland Day d) Parents’ Day
6. In celebration of Father’s Day, it is a Thai tradition to give what type of flowers to all fathers and grandfathers?
a) Roses b) Carnations c) Orchids d) Sunflowers e) Cannas
7. What is the most popular activity on U.S. Father’s Day?
a) Excess drinking b) Gifting & family time c) Shopping d) Military parade
8. Critics of the commercialization of Father’s Day often refer to the occasion as a ________.
a) Hallmark holiday b) Consumption holiday c) Day of Excesses
9. What major U.S. sporting event ends on Father’s Day weekend?
a) Wimbledon/tennis b) World Cup finals/soccer c) U.S. Open/golf d) Tour de France/cycling
10. Which of these holidays is the closest to Father’s Day in theme and association?
a) Memorial Day b) Mother’s Day c) Children’s Day d) None of the mentioned
11. American schoolchildren often mark Father’s Day by engaging in what activity?
a) Write a poem/essay about dad
b) Prepare a special Father’s Day card
c) Buy flowers for dad
d) Make special chocolate cake
e) Either A or B or both
12. True or False. Sonora Smart Dodd is widely acknowledged as the founder of the American Father’s Day.
1)b 2)c 3)c 4)b 5)b 6)e 7)b 8)a 9)c 10)b 11)e 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice