This FIFA World Cup quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the World Cup trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and cheer for your favorite teams.
1. The FIFA World Cup is held every ______.
a) 1 year b) 2 years c) 4 years d) Decade e) Century
2. The first winner of the World Cup is ______.
a) Brazil b) Germany c) England d) Argentina e) Uruguay
3. Which competitive sport is contested in the FIFA World Cup?
a) American football b) Rugby c) Basketball d) Soccer/European football e) Volleyball
4. What year was the first World Cup on Asian soil?
a) 1966 b) 1998 c) 2002 d) 2006 e) None of the above
5. How does a country qualify for FIFA World Cup finals?
a) Winner of previous World Cup
b) Host nation exemption
c) Win qualifying group
d) Sponsor the finals
e) Either B or C
6. Brazil is the most successful nation in the World Cup. How many championships to date has Brazil won?
a) 6 b) 5 c) 4 d) 3 e) Not known
7. Before 1970, the FIFA World Cup Trophy was known as ________.
a) Jules Rimet Trophy b) Golden Cup c) FIFA Cup d) Champions Cup e) A and C
8. How many teams advance to World Cup finals?
a) 24 b) 32 c) 36 d) 64 e) 204
9. True or False. Both men’s and women’s FIFA World Cups are played in the same year.
10. The best player in the World Cup is given which special award.
a) Golden Ball b) Golden Boot c) MVP Award d) There’s no such award
11. The overall top scorer in World Cup finals is ________.
a) Gerd Müller b) Pele c) Ronaldo (Brazil) d) Diego Maradona
12. True or False. General consensus puts the FIFA World Cup as the world's most-watched sporting event, surpassing the Olympics.
1)c 2)e 3)d 4)c 5)e 6)b 7)a 8)b 9)False 10)a 11)c 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice