This Illinois trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Illinois trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with others.
1. What is the capital city of Illinois?
a) Chicago b) Aurora c) Springfield d) Rockford
2. The first Illinois resident to be elected to the U.S. presidency was _______.
a) Barack Obama b) Ulysses S. Grant c) Abraham Lincoln d) Ronald Reagan
3. Explorers from which European country were the first to reach Illinois (though Native Americans were already living there)?
a) France b) Britain c) Netherlands d) Spain
4. True or False. Charles Mound is the highest point (elevation) in Illinois.
5. Chicago is the biggest city in Illinois and the ______ most populous city in the United States (as of 2011).
a) Second b) Third c) Fourth d) Fifth
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the major industries in Illinois?
a) Energy b) Agriculture c) Manufacturing d) Financial e) Technology
7. The state of Illinois is nicknamed ________.
a) Empire State b) Prairie State c) North Star State d) Little Rhody
8. Formerly known as the Sears Tower, this famous building is the tallest in Illinois and in the United States.
a) Trump Tower Chicago b) Aon Center c) Franklin Center d) Willis Tower
9. What year did Illinois enter the Union (officially become a U.S. state)?
a) 1818 b) 1820 c) 1822 d) 1824 e) 1861
10. The official flower of Illinois state is ________.
a) Peony b) Violet c) Wild rose d) Mayflower
11. Lincoln Park Zoo is one of two major zoos in the Chicago area. What is the other zoo?
a) Washington Park Zoo b) Brookfield Zoo c) Blank Park Zoo d) Potter Park Zoo
12. True or False. Illinois is one of the least populous states in the U.S., ranking in the bottom 10.
1)c 2)c 3)a 4)True 5)b 6)e 7)b 8)d 9)a 10)b 11)b 12)False
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice