This Indy 500 trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Indy 500 trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Have fun and share them with other racing fans.
1. The famed Indy 500 race is held annually during which U.S. holiday weekend?
a) Thanksgiving b) Labor Day c) Presidents Day d) Memorial Day
2. The Indy 500 is contested at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. What other prestigious racing event also takes place there?
a) Daytona 500 b) Brickyard 400 c) None
3. Which year was the first Indy 500 race?
a) 1901 b) 1911 c) 1921 d) 1931 e) 1996
4. How many laps are run in the Indy 500?
a) 1000 b) 500 c) 250 d) 200 e) 150
5. The winner of the Indy 500 is traditionally given a bottle of ______.
a) Milk b) Orange juice c) Wine d) Water
6. Which of the following drivers earned the highest finish in the Indy 500 for a female?
a) Janet Guthrie b) Lyn St. James c) Sarah Fisher d) Danica Patrick
7. The Indy 500 is nicknamed ________.
a) The Run for the Roses b) The Amazing Race c) The Greatest Spectacle in Racing
8. The record for most Indy 500 wins is shared by several drivers. Which of these drivers is NOT one of them?
a) Mario Andretti b) Al Unser c) Rick Mears d) A.J. Foyt
9. The pole (starting) position in the Indy 500 is reserved for ________.
a) The defending champion b) Highest-ranked Indycar driver c) Top driver from qualification
10. Which U.S. TV network holds the broadcasting rights for the Indy 500?
a) ABC b) NBC c) FOX d) TNT
11. Who was the first champion of the Indy 500?
a) Wilbur Shaw b) Al Unser c) Ray Harroun d) Jules Goux
12. True or False. The winner of the Indy 500 receives one of the race’s pace cars (or a replica) as a bonus prize.
1)d 2)b 3)b 4)d 5)a 6)d 7)c 8)a 9)c 10)a 11)c 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice