This Iowa trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Iowa trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with friends and family.
1. The United States purchased present-day Iowa (as a part of a territory deal) from which European country?
a) Great Britain b) Spain c) France d) Netherlands
2. True or False. While its impact on Iowa's economy has greatly diminished over the years, agriculture remains a vital sector in the state.
3. The capital city of Iowa is ________.
a) Cedar Rapids b) Iowa City c) Davenport d) Des Moines
4. What U.S. time zone is Iowa in?
a) Eastern b) Central c) Mountain d) Pacific
5. For both the Republican and Democratic nominating processes, Iowans use which form of election to determine the number of delegates each presidential candidate receives.
a) Closed primary
b) Open primary (non-party voters can vote any party candidate)
6. True or False. Iowa is a major sports hub with many nationally recognized professional teams.
7. What is the most popular nickname for the state of Iowa?
a) Hawkeye State b) Corn State c) Bluegrass State d) Both A and B
8. Which of these states borders Iowa?
a) Kentucky b) Kansas c) Illinois d) Indiana
9. What is the origin of the word "Iowa"?
a) Name of a famous explorer
b) Name of a folk hero
c) Name of a Native American tribe
10. Geographically, Iowa is in which region of the United States?
a) West b) Northeast c) South d) Midwest
11. Iowa's official state bird is ________.
a) Cardinal b) Eastern goldfinch c) Common loon d) Bluebird
12. True or False. Iowa City was the first capital of Iowa.
1)c 2)True 3)d 4)b 5)c 6)False 7)a 8)c 9)c 10)d 11)b 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice