This Ireland trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Ireland trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with your pub buddies.
1. Ireland has historically been influenced by which country or sovereignty?
a) Great Britain b) United States c) Both
2. Which of these animals is NOT considered native to Ireland?
a) Arctic wolf b) Wild boar c) Badger d) Pygmy shrew
3. Golf is a popular sport in Ireland. Who was the first Irish golfer to win a major championship?
a) Rory McIlroy b) Fred Daly c) Graeme McDowell d) Padraig Harrington
4. The Irish ancestors are called ________.
a) The Goths b) The Anglo-Saxons c) The Celts d) The Vikings
5. True or false. Geographically, Ireland is landlocked.
6. Who is the popular patron saint of Ireland whose feast day is in March?
a) St. Stephen b) St. Moling c) St. Oliver Plunket d) St. Patrick
7. What is the name of the peace accords signed in 1998 that sets a path to a peaceful Ireland?
a) Anglo-Irish Treaty b) Good Friday Agreement c) Poynings' Law d) None of these
8. The two official languages in Ireland are Irish and ______.
a) English b) Scottish c) German d) French
9. Which of these is a national symbol of Ireland?
a) Welsh Dragon b) Purple thistle c) Shamrock d) Red poppy
10. What was the name of the Irish nationalist or terrorist organization whose aim was to free Northern Ireland from the UK's control?
a) IRA b) Maoist c) Al-Qaeda d) Hamas
11. The capital city of the Ireland Republic is ________.
a) Belfast b) Dublin c) Cork d) Derry
12. True or false. While the Republic of Ireland is an independent and sovereign country, Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom.
1)a 2)d 3)b 4)c 5)False 6)d 7)b 8)a 9)c 10)a 11)b 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice