This Kansas trivia quiz has 12 multiple choice questions. Answers to the Kansas trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and do visit the state when you have a chance.
1. The most popular nickname for Kansas (state) is ________.
a) The Wheat State b) The Jayhawker State c) The Sunflower State
2. What is the capital city of Kansas?
a) Wichita b) Topeka c) Kansas City d) Overland Park
3. Due to its location, Kansas is most prone to which type of natural disaster?
a) Hurricane b) Earthquake c) Tornado outbreak
4. While it is no longer as influential as it was in the past, the most important industry in Kansas is still ________.,
a) Manufacturing b) Energy c) Tourism d) Agriculture
5. What U.S. time zone is Kansas in?
a) Central Time (most areas) & Mountain Time (some areas)
b) Mountain Time (most areas) & Central Time (some areas)
c) Central Time only
d) Mountain Time only
6. True or False. Kansas sided with the Confederacy in the U.S. Civil War.
7. Dorothy Gale, the main character in the 1939 classic movie "The Wizard of Oz", was from Kansas. Which famous actress or singer played the role of Dorothy?
a) Julie Andrews b) Judy Garland c) Bette Davis d) Katherine Hepburn
8. Politically, Kansas has been solidly ________.
a) Republican b) Democratic c) Neutral
9. What is Kansas' official state bird?
a) Cardinal b) Eastern goldfinch c) Western meadowlark d) Mockingbird
10. Kansas is the home to the Presidential Center (or Presidential Library) of which U.S. president?
a) Bill Clinton b) Andrew Jackson c) James Buchanan d) Dwight Eisenhower
11. Which of these states borders Kansas?
a) Nebraska b) Arkansas c) Indiana d) Kentucky
12. True or False. The headquarters of Koch Industries, Inc. is in Wichita, Kansas.
1)c 2)b 3)c 4)d 5)a 6)False 7)b 8)a 9)c 10)d 11)a 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice