This Korea trivia quiz features 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Korea trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with friends.
1. Other than North Korea, South Korea also borders (by land)
a) Russia b) China c) Japan d) Both Japan and China e) None
2. The Korean traditional dress is called
a) The Hanbok b) The Chosŏn-ot c) Either A or B, by region d) There is no traditional dress
3. Which of the following Korean cuisines and dishes is the most common?
a) Gochujang b) Bulgogi c) mbab d) Kimchi e) Ramyeon
4. The South Korean flag features a Ying-Yang symbol and a quartet of
a) Swords b) Flowers c) Stars & stripes d) Arrows e) Trigrams
5. Korea was annexed by which country in 1910?
a) China b) Japan c) The United States d) Russia e) Great Britain
6. What is the national flower of Korea?
a) Cherry blossom b) Peach blossom c) Rose of Sharon d) Paper white flower e) None of the above
7. Korea was divided into North and South following what war?
a) World War I b) World War II c) Korean War d) Vietnam War
8. What is the national sport of the Korea Republic?
a) Archery b) Taekwondo c) Soccer (football) d) Starcraft e) Kite flying
9. According to government’s statistics, the most popular religion in South Korea is
a) Christianity b) Buddhism c) Islam d) Judaism e) Ancestor worshiping
10. What is the capital city of reclusive North Korea?
a) Seoul b) Pyongyang c) Busan d) Tokyo e) None of the above
11. The most important holiday on the North Korean calendar is
a) New Year Day b) Independence Day c) Liberation Day d) Army Day e) Birthday of a Dear Leader
12. True or False. South Korea accounts for almost half of the total sales of popular video game Starcraft.
1)e 2)c 3)d 4)e 5)b 6)c 7)b 8)b 9)a 10)b 11)e 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice