This Missouri trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Missouri trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and do pay the state a visit.
1. What is the capital city of Missouri?
a) Jefferson City b) St. Louis c) Kansas City d) Springfield
2. A pair of which animal is prominently featured on the Missouri's state flag and seal?
a) Deer b) Bald eagle c) Bear d) Buffalo
3. What U.S. time zone is Missouri in?
a) Pacific b) Mountain c) Central d) Eastern
4. The U.S. purchased present-day Missouri (as part of the Louisiana Purchase) from which country?
a) Mexico b) England c) Russia d) Spain e) France
5. Who was the only Missouri native to win the U.S. presidency?
a) Franklin Roosevelt b) Dwight Eisenhower c) Harry Truman d) Herbert Hoover
6. The great American writer Mark Twain was born in Florida, Missouri. Which of these is NOT one of his works?
a) The Prince and the Pauper
b) A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
c) Cup of Gold
d) The Million Pound Bank Note
7. The 1904 Summer Olympics was held in Missouri. What was the host city?
a) Kansas City b) St. Louis c) Springfield
8. The most popular nickname for Missouri (state) is ________.
a) Bullion State b) Show Me State c) Ozark State d) Another name
9. Most of Missouri's electricity are generated from which energy source?
a) Coal b) Natural gas c) Nuclear d) Renewable
10. The postal abbreviation for Missouri is ______.
a) MU b) MS c) MI d) MO
11. Traditionally, what has been the biggest and most important industry in Missouri?
a) Manufacturing b) Agriculture c) Mining d) Financial services
12. True or False. Situated in the Missouri's city of St. Louis, the Gateway Arch is the tallest monument in United States.
1)a 2)c 3)c 4)e 5)c 6)c 7)b 8)b 9)a 10)d 11)b 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice