This Mother’s Day trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Mother’s Day trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and give your mom a hug.
1. The modern Mother’s Day is credited to which country?
a) Great Britain b) France c) Japan d) India e) The United States
2. What is the chief purpose of Mother’s Day?
a) To honor mothers
b) To celebrate Mother Earth
c) To raise awareness for women’s causes
d) To sell Hallmark cards
3. Which of these countries does NOT celebrate a version of Mother’s Day?
a) Iran b) Mongolia c) Bangladesh d) Poland e) None of these
4. It is customary for people to give their mothers special gifts on Mother’s Day. What is the most typical gift?
a) Greeting cards b) Chocolates c) Flowers d) Jewelries e) Clothes
5. The U.S. Mother’s Day is celebrated in which month of the year?
a) March b) May c) July d) September e) November
6. True or False. Activist Anna Jarvis was the founder of the American version of Mother’s Day.
7. What year was Mother’s Day first nationally recognized in the U.S.?
a) 1894 b) 1904 c) 1914 d) 1924 e) 1934
8. Which of these flowers is considered the symbol of Mother’s Day?
a) Rose b) Cherry Blossom c) Daisy d) Sunflower e) Carnation
9. True or False. Due to the commercialization of the U.S. Mother’s Day, some people compare it to a Hallmark holiday.
10. The holiday most associated with Mother’s Day in history and theme is ________.
a) Grandparents Day b) Father’s Day c) Children Day d) International Women’s Day
11. What is Mother’s Day most popular activity?
a) Gift giving b) Family picnic c) Dining out
12. True or False. The UK version of Mother’s Day is called Mothering Sunday.
1)e 2)a 3)e 4)c 5)b 6)True 7)c 8)e 9)True 10)b 11)a 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice