This Nevada trivia quiz features 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Nevada trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy but don't take them too seriously.
1. Nevada has several popular nicknames. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
a) Treasure State b) Sagebrush State c) Silver State d) Battle Born State
2. The most important industry in Nevada is ________.
a) Gambling/Hospitality b) Manufacturing c) Mining d) Construction
3. What is the capital city of Nevada state?
a) Las Vegas b) Reno c) Henderson d) Carson City
4. According to the Census Bureau, the most popular ancestry/ethnic group in Nevada is ________.
a) German b) English c) Mexican
5. Nevada was the site of many nuclear tests conducted by the U.S. government. The "ground zero" of these tests was in which county?
a) Eureka b) Nye c) Storey d) Churchill
6. The United States acquired territories that included Nevada following its military victory over which country?
a) Spain b) Mexico c) Britain d) Germany
7. True or False. Nevada is one of the driest states in United States.
8. Nevada shares this major river with six other U.S. states and Mexico.
a) Mississippi River b) Colorado River c) Rio Grande d) Yukon River
9. The official bird of Nevada state is ________.
a) Roadrunner b) Valley quail c) Cactus wren d) Mountain bluebird
10. Which of these former American tennis stars is a native and current resident of Nevada?
a) Pete Sampras b) Jennifer Capriati c) Andre Agassi d) Tracy Austin
11. This natural site in Nevada has been designated as an U.S. national park.
a) Washoe Lake b) Spring Mountain Ranch c) Valley of Fire d) Great Basin
12. True or False. 'Nevada' is the name of a U.S. submarine currently in commission.
1)a 2)a 3)d 4)c 5)b 6)b 7)True 8)b 9)d 10)c 11)d 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
12-10 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice