This Ohio trivia quiz features 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Ohio trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and do visit the Buckeye State when you have an opportunity.
1. The capital of Ohio is ______.
a) Cleveland b) Cincinnati c) Columbus d) Toledo
2. Ohio is located in which part of the United States?
a) Southwest b) Midwest c) Northwest
3. Politically, Ohio has been decisively leaning ________.
a) Democratic b) Republican c) Neither (swing state)
4. Ohio's state animal is the white-tailed deer. What is the official state insect?
a) Cockroach b) Beetle c) Butterfly d) Ladybug
5. The Cincinnati Reds (baseball) is one of the most famous sport teams in Ohio. How many World Series titles has the team won?
a) 1 b) 3 c) 5 d) None
6. The river image on the Seal of Ohio depicts which of the state's rivers?
a) Ohio River b) Grand River c) Scioto River d) Paint Creek
7. According to the Census Bureau, what is the top ancestry group in Ohio?
a) German b) English c) Irish d) Italian
8. It has been established that the highest point in Ohio is ________.
a) Campbell Hill b) Chaoel Hill c) Miserable, Mount d) Sugarloaf
9. As of 2012, there have been seven Ohio-born U.S. presidents. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
a) Ulysses S. Grant b) Rutherford B. Hayes c) Benjamin Harrison d) Grover Cleveland
10. What is Ohio's state tree?
a) Buckeye b) American elm c) Coffee tree d) Dogwood
11. In its early years, Ohio was home to a big population of this race group.
a) Whites b) Blacks c) Native Americans
12. True or false. Famed astronaut Neil Armstrong - the first person to walk on the moon - was a native of Ohio.
1)c 2)b 3)c 4)d 5)c 6)c 7)a 8)a 9)d 10)a 11)c 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice