This fencing quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the fencing trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and pass it on.
1. Which of the following weapons is NOT one of the three used in Olympic fencing?
a) Foil b) Katana c) Sabre d) Epee
2. How do you score a point in fencing?
a) Make your opponent fall b) Touch the opponent with your weapon c) Either A or B
3. Modern fencing originated from which country.
a) Italy b) Russia c) England d) France e) Germany
4. The most important fencing competition is ________.
a) The World Championship b) The Olympic Games c) Fencing World Cup
5. How is a “hit” acknowledged in fencing?
a) Electronically b) By human judges c) By the competitors themselves d) None of these
6. What happens if both competitors simultaneously make contact with the target?
a) The judges make the call b) Both players win the point c) Neither player win the point
7. Which of these countries has never won an Olympic gold medal in fencing?
a) China b) Japan c) Cuba d) Greece
8. Who is the governing body of competitive fencing?
a) IOC b) FIFA c) FIE d) There’s none
9. As of now, how many fencing events are contested in the Olympics?
a) 5 b) 10 c) More than 10
10. In Olympic team fencing, what is the official number of players per team?
a) 3 b) 4 c) 5 d) More than 5
11. A fencer who receives a “black card” will ________.
a) Lose one point b) Be put on penalty watch c) Be expelled from match and tournament d) Be banned from the competitive fencing
12. True or False. Fencing has been part of every Summer Olympics.
1)b 2)b 3)d 4)b 5)a 6)a 7)b 8)c 9)b 10)a 11)c 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice