This Passover trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Passover trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with your Jewish friends.
1. The Passover holiday is a commemoration of which significant event in Jewish (biblical) history?
a) The re-dedication of the (2nd) Holy Temple in Jerusalem
b) The deliverance of the Jewish people from Haman
c) The exodus of the Jews (slavery) from Egypt
2. In Israel, Passover typically lasts for how many days?
a) 3 b) 7 c) 8 d) 10
3. On the Jewish calendar, which of these holidays is celebrated before Passover?
a) Hanukkah b) Rosh Hashanah c) Yom Kippur d) Purim
4. Which event in the New Testament was connected to Passover?
a) Jesus' Birth b) Baptism of Jesus c) The Last Supper d) None of these
5. What is Passover seder?
a) A traditional/ritual feast
b) A special prayer recited during services in synagogues
c) A fast
d) A public reading of a holy book
6. The traditional bread consumed during Passover is ________.
a) Malawach b) Matzo c) Bialy d) Challah
7. How many cups of wine one is required to consume in a traditional Passover meal?
a) 8 b) 7 c) 4 d) 3
8. In the story of Passover, who (as commanded by God) helped free the Jews from slavery and lead them out of Egypt?
a) Moses b) King David c) Judah Maccabee d) Solomon
9. According to traditions, the Jews were freed from slavery after the Egyptians suffered the Ten Plagues. What was the first plague?
a) Hordes of frogs overran Egypt
b) A disease that killed all of Egyptian livestock
c) Water in the Nile turned into blood
d) A swarm of locusts attacked Egypt
10. Passover is one of three pilgrimage festivals. The other two are Shavuot and ________.
a) Purim b) Tu Bishvat c) Rosh Hashanah d) Sukkot
11. Passover falls on which month(s) in the Gregorian calendar?
a) March b) April c) May d) A or B
12. True or false. The special plate used in Passover seder is designed to contain or display 6 different food items.
1)c 2)b 3)d 4)c 5)a 6)b 7)c 8)a 9)c 10)d 11)d 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice