This Pearl Harbor quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Pearl Harbor quiz questions can be found at the end of the page. Please spare a moment to remember those who died in the attacks.
1. Pearl Harbor, the site of a U.S. military naval base, is located in ________.
a) Okinawa, Japan b) Guam c) American Samoa d) Hawaii
2. Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese military on December 7, 1941. What was the immediate U.S. response to the attack?
a) Drop two atomic bombs on Japan
b) Formally declare war on Japan
c) Petition international courts to charge Japan with war crimes.
3. Who was the U.S. president during the Pearl Harbor attacks?
a) Harry Truman b) Dwight Eisenhower c) Franklin Roosevelt d) Theodore Roosevelt
4. The two battleships that suffered the most American casualties in the Pearl Harbor attacks were the Arizona and the ________.
a) Oklahoma b) California c) West Virginia d) Maryland
5. The events of Pearl Harbor were dramatized and adapted into a movie in 2001. Which of these actors was NOT part of the cast?
a) Ben Affleck b) Matt Damon c) Josh Hartnett d) Alec Baldwin
6. All military veterans in the Pearl Harbor attacks were awarded ________.
a) The Congressional Medal of Honor
b) The Purple Heart
c) The Pearl Harbor Commemorative Medal
d) All of the above
7. True or False. The Pearl Harbor attacks created a distrust of people of Japanese descent. Consequently, President Roosevelt ordered all Japanese Americans be relocated to various internment camps.
8. In Hawaii, Pearl Harbor is known by the name ________.
a) Pu'uloa b) Waipi'o c) Niihau d) Ka'u
9. What ultimately happened to Commander Isoroku Yamamoto, the Japanese mastermind behind the Pearl Harbor attacks?
a) Was trialed and executed by the U.S. military
b) Committed suicide after the war
c) Killed in an American ambush
10. The USS Arizona Memorial, built to commemorate the fallen heroes of Pearl Harbor, can only accessed by ______.
a) Car b) Train c) Helicopter d) Boat
11. The naval base at Pearl Harbor became a National Historic Landmark in which year.
a) 1947 b) 1964 c) 1974 d) 1999
12. True or False. Observed on December 7, the National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is a U.S. federal holiday.
1)d 2)b 3)c 4)a 5)b 6)c 7)True 8)a 9)c 10)d 11)b 12)False
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice