This Pennsylvania trivia quiz features 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Pennsylvania trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and do visit the state sometime.
1. The most popular nickname for the state of Pennsylvania is ________.
a) Quaker State b) Keystone State c) State of Independence
2. What U.S. time zone is Pennsylvania in?
a) Pacific b) Central c) Mountain d) Eastern
3. The capital city of Pennsylvania is ________.
a) Philadelphia b) Pittsburgh c) Harrisburg d) Erie e) Allentown
4. Pennsylvania is the home of the Liberty Bell. This famous bell was first rung after which notable event in American history?
a) The signing of the Declaration of Independence
b) The final victory in the American Revolutionary War
c) The ratification of the U.S. Constitution
5. The most important battle in the Civil War (where President Abraham Lincoln made his famous speech) took place in Pennsylvania. What was the name of the town where the battle happened?
a) Harrisbugh b) Gettysburg c) Adamsburg d) Dravosburg
6. The state's official song is "Pennsylvania". It was composed by Eddie Khoury and ________.
a) Frank L. Oliver b) Ronnie Bonner c) Robert P. Casey d) Only one author
7. Pennsylvania Hospital is believed to be America's "first" hospital. Where is it located?
a) Philadelphia b) Pittsburgh c) Allentown
8. What is the endearing nickname given to the city of Philadelphia?
a) City of Non-Angels b) America's Founding City c) City of Brotherly Love
9. According to the U.S. Census, the biggest ancestry group in Pennsylvania is ________.
a) Irish b) Italian c) English d) African e) German
10. The founder of the Province of Pennsylvania (precursor to the state at present) was William Penn. The English entrepreneur was known for his association with this religious group.
a) Puritan b) Quaker c) Amish d) Mennonites
11. What is the most important industry in Pennsylvania?
a) Agriculture b) Manufacturing c) Tourism d) Financial/Banking
12. True or False. For 10 years, Philadelphia was the capital of the United States.
1)b 2)d 3)c 4)a 5)b 6)b 7)a 8)c 9)e 10)b 11)b 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice