This Tennessee trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Tennessee trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and feel free to share them with others.
1. The most popular nickname for Tennessee is ________.
a) Gold State b) Silver State c) Volunteer State d) None of these
2. What is the capital city of Tennessee?
a) Memphis b) Nashville c) Chattanooga d) Clarksville
3. True or False. Salaries and wages are taxable in Tennesee's state income tax system.
4. Which U.S. time zone(s) is Tennessee in?
a) Eastern b) Central c) Some areas in Eastern, others in Central
5. Legendary singer Elvis Presley was a resident of Memphis, Tennessee. How many of his singles reached no. 1 in the U.S. Music Chart?
a) 8 b) 18 c) 28 d) 38
6. Which of these states does NOT bordered Tennessee?
a) Mississippi b) Georgia c) Virginia d) Connecticut
7. The city of Nashville in Tennessee is considered by many as the capital of which genre of music?
a) Rock & Roll b) Blues c) Jazz d) Country music
8. During the Civil War, Tennessee was part of ________.
a) The Union b) The Confederacy c) Neither, stayed neutral
9. What is Tennessee's official state flower?
a) Iris b) Dogwood c) Magnolia d) Goldenrod e) Cherokee rose
10. Which of these corporations has its headquarters in Tennessee?
a) Pepsi b) UPS c) GM d) McDonald e) International Paper
11. The women's basketball team at the University of Tennessee has always been one of the NCAA's top teams. The Lady Vols won eight national titles under which legendary coach?
a) Sylvia Hatchell b) Patt Summitt c) Geno Auriemma d) C. Vivian Stringer
12. True or False. The official bird of Tennessee (state) is the mockingbird.
1)c 2)b 3)False 4)c 5)b 6)d 7)d 8)b 9)a 10)e 11)b 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice