This Constitution Day quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the Constitution Day quiz questions can be found at the bottom of the page. Enjoy and do your part to educate others.
1. Constitution Day in the U.S. is observed on September 17. What is the significance of this specific date?
a) The day America gained its independence
b) The day the constitution was officially established
c) The day George Washington was sworn in as the first U.S. president
d) There's no special significance
2. The American Constitution is consisted of how many amendments?
a) 10 b) 15 c) 22 d) 27
3. The first ten amendments of the constitution are known as __________.
a) The Preamble b) The Declaration of Independence c) The Bill of Rights
4. Constitution Day is known by which other name?
a) Citizenship Day b) Civic Day c) Independence Day d) James Madison Day
5. The constitution established three branches of U.S. government: the legislative, executive and ________.
a) War b) Interior c) Judicial d) None of these
6. According to the constitution, which government entity has the power to declare war?
a) Congress b) The President c) Department of Defense d) The Pentagon
7. Is Constitution Day a federal holiday (no work for U.S. federal employees)?
a) Yes b) No c) Depends on the administration
8. What constitutional amendment was established in 1919, only to be repealed in 1933 by the 21st amendment?
a) The 11th b) The 14th c) The 18th d) The 20th
9. The Supreme Court was established by which article of the constitution?
a) Article I b) Article II c) Article III
10. In order for a proposed amendment to become law, it has to be ratified by how many states (as a minimum)?
a) 26 of 50 states
b) 38 of 50 states
c) All 50 states
11. According to the constitution, who is next in line for the presidency if the current president resigns, dies or is removed from office?
a) The Vice President b) The First Lady c) The House Speaker d) The highest ranked general
12. True or False. The constitution is considered to be the "supreme law" of the land.
1)b 2)d 3)c 4)a 5)c 6)a 7)b 8)c 9)c 10)b 11)a 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice