This Utah trivia quiz features 12 multiple choice questions. Answers to the Utah trivia questions can be found at the end of this page. Enjoy the game and share more facts about the state.
1. What is the most popular nickname for the state of Utah?
a) Land of Enchantment b) Beehive State c) Silver State d) None of these
2. The capital city of Utah is ________.
a) Layton b) Logan c) Salt Lake City d) Provo
3. Utah falls in which time zone?
a) Pacific b) Mountain c) Central d) Eastern
4. The largest and most influential religious group/denomination in Utah is ________.
a) Mormons b) Muslims c) Buddhists d) Catholics
5. Which of the following is NOT a major industry in Utah?
a) Government services b) Mining c) Cattle ranching d) Energy/oil
6. Utah uses what type of system for state income tax?
a) Flat tax b) Progressive tax (same as federal) c) No tax d) Another system
7. The headquarters for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are in Utah. According to the Church's tenets, its members are expected or encouraged to donate at least how many percent of their income to the Church?
a) 1 b) 5 c) 10 d) 15 e) No specific number
8. Utah's Great Salt Lake is one of America's largest lakes. How did it get its name?
a) Because it locates near Salt Lake City
b) Because it contains a large amount of salt and minerals
c) A random name
9. In 2002, Salt Lake City hosted the 19th Winter Olympics. Initially, the organization of the Games was plagued by ________.
a) Huge delays in the construction of venues
b) Strong local opposition to hosting the Games
c) Bribery scandal
10. Which of these zip codes can be found in Utah?
a) 80001 b) 83708 c) 89005 d) 85003 e) 84003
11. Brigham Young University is Utah's most notable university. Who is it named after?
a) A local politician b) A famous athlete c) A billionaire businessman d) A religious leader
12. True or False. Utah is one of the so called Four Corners states.
1)b 2)c 3)b 4)a 5)d 6)a 7)c 8)b 9)c 10)e 11)d 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice