This volleyball quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the volleyball trivia questions can be found at the end of quiz. Enjoy and share them with friends.
1. Competitive volleyball (excluding beach volleyball) is typically played _____.
a) Indoor b) Outdoor
2. The setter is the most prominent position in a volleyball team. What does a setter do?
a) Marshal the defense b) Control the offense c) Both
3. Beach volleyball became an official Olympic event in which year?
a) 1964 b) 1988 c) 1992 d) 1996
4. Which of the following countries won the first women’s volleyball Olympic gold?
a) United States b) Cuba c) Brazil d) Japan
5. Competitive volleyball players usually serve ______.
a) Underhand b) Overhand c) No clear preference
6. In each volleyball team, there is a defensive specialist who wears a different-colored jersey. This unique position is called a ______.
a) Setter b) Hitter c) Libero d) Blocker
7. A volleyball court is similar to that of which other sport?
a) Tennis b) Badminton c) Basketball d) Soccer
8. When the receiving team fails to make contact with a legal serve (in-bounds ball), it is called _____.
a) A kill b) An ace c) A hit d) A spike
9. The blocker position in volleyball is usually played by players who are _______.
a) Short in stature b) Fast c) Good looking d) Tall
10. Who is the governing body of competitive volleyball?
a) FIFA b) FIVB c) FINA d) None of these
11. Other than the Olympics, the most important volleyball competition is ________.
a) World Championship b) World Cup c) World League
12. True or False. In the updated volleyball rules, only the serving team can score.
1)a 2)b 3)d 4)d 5)b 6)c 7)b 8)b 9)d 10)b 11)a 12)False
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice