This wrestling trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the wrestling trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and pass them on to others.
1. What is the main objective in competitive wrestling?
a) To pin your opponent to the mat/ground for a required time.
b) To knock out your opponent.
c) No clear objective
2. Which of these wrestling styles is NOT included in the Olympics?
a) Greco-Roman b) Freestyle c) Submission grappling
3. What is the name of the popular wrestling style rooted in ancient Japan?
a) Judo b) Lucha libre c) Sumo d) Sambo
4. The global governing body of amateur wrestling is ______.
a) FINA b) FIFA c) FIBA d) FILA
5. The sport of wrestling made its official Olympic debut in what year?
a) 1896 b) 1900 c) 1904 d) 1908
6. The most successful Asian country is competitive wrestling has been ________.
a) China b) Japan c) South Korea d) Mongolia
7. In freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling, a match is registered by a team of three officials. Which of the following is NOT one of the officials?
a) Umpire b) Referee c) Judge d) Mat Chairman
8. What is a repechage round in wrestling competitions?
a) A second chance for one-loss competitor (for bronze or third-place only)
b) The qualification round
c) A competition for junior wrestlers.
9. Along with Kaori Icho, which other Japanese female wrestler has won every world championship and Olympics she has entered?
a) Chiharu Icho b) Saori Yoshida c) Kyoko Hamaguchi d) Hitomi Sakamoto
10. In professional wrestling (e.g. WWE), the ultimate goal is ________.
a) Entertainment b) Competition c) Both
11. What is the most powerful move in amateur wrestling -- one that would technically end the match?
a) An ippon b) A knockout c) A fall or pin
12. True or False. Women wrestlers do not compete in Greco-Roman style in international competitions.
1)a 2)c 3)c 4)d 5)a 6)b 7)a 8)a 9)b 10)a 11)c 12)True
Classifications: # of correct answers
10-12 Master, 7-9 Expert, 4-6 Intermediate, 0-3 Novice